Participants at this conference will strengthen their knowledge on clinical, environmental and industrial biofilms. Currently treatments used against this type of infections and the different methods used in their study, including animal models, will also be presented.
Finally, it will have a vision of the new approaches in the prevention and eradication of these structures, as well as the economic impact of biofilm-associated infections.
Due to the high clinical, environmental, industrial and economic impact levels representing biofilms in each of these sectors, experts from several European and American countries with an extensive expertise in the conference subject have been involved. Participants are called to present their works in oral sessions providing an opportunity to discuss their research with the most senior staff.
Workshop is organised by the leader of NoMorFilm, ISGlobal (Instituto de Salud Global de Barcelona, Spain). The sessions will take place at the Centro Esther Koplowitz, in order to have a larger venue, to attract any students that may be interested in these fields, and to promote networking between professionals.
The registration period will be open online (www.nomorfilm.eu) by May to October 2016. There are limited places and participants will be accepted in order of registration.
- Title: “Biofilms: Past, present and futur”
- Promoted by: ISGlobal, leader of NoMorFilm.
- Dates: Wednesday, 16 November to Friday, 18 November 2016.
- Place: Auditorium of the Centro Esther Koplowitz (CEK). Calle Roselló, 149
- 08036 Barcelona. See Google Maps
- General topics: biofilms, microbiology, clinical, environmental, treatment, economics.
- Language of sessions: English.
- Registration form: All the attendees must complete the registration form. The registration period will be open online (www.nomorfilm.eu) by May to October 2016.
- Registration Fee: 150 euros
- Attendance Grants:
Applicants will be informed about their acceptance by 1 September 2016.
Important note regarding the grants: Applicants must be registered in ESCMID system in order to submit the application.
Here is the link to sign up as a registered user:
Deadline for Abstracts submission: Please send your abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 June 2016. Applicants will be informed about their acceptance by 1 September 2016.
Cynthia Abarrategui. Tel. 932275400, ext. 4149
Sara Soto. Tel. 932275400 ext. 4569